Explorium is a cutting-edge data science company that has recently closed a Series B round bringing their total funding to $50 million.
Explorium offers a first of its kind data science platform powered by augmented data discovery and feature engineering. By automatically connecting to thousands of external data sources and leveraging machine learning to distill the most impactful signals, the Explorium platform empowers data scientists and business leaders to drive decision-making by eliminating the barrier to acquire the right data and enabling superior predictive power.
We are looking for a Vice President of Strategic Partnerships to develop new and build upon existing partnerships and alliances to drive revenue growth. This role provides a compelling opportunity for a business development executive with a proven track record of structuring large, complex deals and partnerships.
The VP Strategic Partnerships will own the overall business strategy and execution for strategic cloud, consulting, and technology partners to elevate our strategic relationship and achieve greater global scale and revenue. This role will own alliance strategy, partner sales execution and work closely with the product team on product strategy.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in elevating relationships with partnership executives and data science teams while maximizing go-to-market and sales execution collaboratively.
- Drive strategic partnerships with other market leaders, channels/consultancies and go-to-market partners, across a range of industries and product groups
- Manage and expand existing partner relationships as well as seeking out and developing new ones
- Design and execute partnership strategy and define the type of partnerships to build within specific market segments
- Pre-transaction support, including deal structuring, modeling, and negotiation
- Working to achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets tied to closing successful partnership agreements
- Generate new revenue, leveraging existing Strategic Alliance relationships
- Maintain and expand a network of contacts within the data science, analytics technology, consulting and cloud provider ecosystem
- Manage coordination between partner technical resources and Explorium’s internal professional services and developer teams
- Reporting on partnerships and alliance activity, and forecast to the executive team
- Lead and coach other Partnership Development Managers
- Senior evangelist of Explorium’s products to partners
- 10+ years of experience in partnership sales or business development at a top technology or high-growth data-focused companies
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in closing enterprise or partnership deals, managing conflict, and negotiation
- Experience driving C-level executive relationships with large, complex technology companies or consulting firms
- Strategic and analytical thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy to develop a compelling vision and strategy for partner success
- Experience negotiating complex contracts, working through conflicts, and facilitating joint legal conversations
- Ability to work cross-functionally both internally and externally to influence key stakeholders to push initiatives forward quickly
- Proven experience in working with large partners (e.g. cloud players, system integrators, channel partners, etc.)
- Strong product instincts and ability to identify opportunities for Explorium with partners as well as the ability to work collaboratively with Explorium sales teams
- Experience working with startups and emerging technologies
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter. Creative and critical thinker
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams through influence while also functioning as an individual contributor/team member
- MBA or other advanced degrees a plus