Explorium is a cutting-edge data science company that has recently raised $20m in funding and is rapidly expanding our presence globally.
We believe in a new paradigm. One where companies can easily and automatically reach the vast world of data and solve their business needs using the most advanced data science and machine learning capabilities. We’re creating a new category as the first company to empower data scientists and business leaders with end-to-end automation of data discovery and feature generation — fueling superior models and driving real business impact.
We are looking for a highly motivated, Customer Success Director based out of New York. This role will report directly to the VP of Customer Success and help to manage and grow the customer base out of New York/East Coast US. Over time, in our rapidly growing company, this role will need to recruit and hire a team to report directly to you, and over the long term be able to create layers of effective management. This position will play a key role in managing customer relationships on the east coast and helping build out our east coast presence. The candidate will serve as a trusted advisor to our customer base and develop long-term relationships with executives and ICs. We’re looking for a candidate with 10+ years of experience in successfully managing employees, navigating complex client relationships, focusing on revenue growth and retention, with exposure to data / data science or equivalent. Experience in a rapidly-growing startup environment is a plus. This role will work directly with clients, and over time build a team directly reporting to them.
- Be one of the first employees in our New York office and work closely with CS colleagues and the VP of Customer Success to manage client relationships and build a world-class CSM team
- Partner with sales leadership and internal cross-functional teams to develop and execute strategies that create successful client relationships
- Contribute to the overall success and vision of the customer success strategy in the USA
- Be hands on and actively-engaged in account strategy and execution, while prioritizing and balancing investment and resources with customers
- Manage complex client relationships (from the executive level to individual contributors) throughout the post-sales customer lifecycle
- Strategize and execute on targets for renewal rates, customer satisfaction (including NPS), expansions (such as upsell and cross-sell) opportunities in an ARR business
- Develop Explorium champions and evangelists through customer wins to develop case studies, white papers, references, and more
- Be a team player, help coach those around you, and the “go to” person that always gets things done
- Over time, hire, coach and manage a team of enterprise and mid-market CSMs
- 10+ years of experience overseeing CS teams (or consulting/related) with SaaS experience
- Experience leading managers and individual contributors
- Track record of working in a high growth, dynamic and diverse work environment
- Commitment to employee growth and development
- Ability to remain customer-centric while switching from strategic thinking to relentless execution
- Proven track record of high communication and customer relationship skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Metric driven focus in an ARR business environment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Preferable: experience with data, data science, machine learning tools and services