Remote position, Various locations, US
Explorium is a cutting-edge data science company that has recently closed a Series B round bringing their total funding to $50 million.
Explorium offers a first of its kind data science platform powered by augmented data discovery and feature engineering. By automatically connecting to thousands of external data sources and leveraging machine learning to distill the most impactful signals, the Explorium platform empowers data scientists and business leaders to drive decision-making by eliminating the barrier to acquire the right data and enabling superior predictive power.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced, passionate data scientist to join our Client Facing Data Science team . In this consultative role, you’ll be relied on to interface directly with our clients and prospects, and guide them through data science initiatives from end to end. You’ll develop predictive models, discover hidden connections between client and external data sources, and communicate the insights to our clients. You’ll be exposed to a wide variety of clients across multiple industries (fintech, marketing, real estate, and more), and will be solving tough, real-world business problems using the latest ML models, feature selection algorithms, and MLOps technologies.
- Present and demonstrate Explorium’s product to prospective clients - both technical and non-technical executives.
- Design use case objectives and success criteria, with an understanding of our capabilities and client needs.
- Develop data enrichment solutions and predictive models to address the business objectives of our clients, both during the proof-of-concept phase and as part of ongoing engagements.
Find and create bespoke data sources, leveraging web-scraping, API automation, and other creative approaches, and integrate them into Explorium’s codebase.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Data Scientist, Consultant with relevant experience, or similar
- Masters Degree in Data Science, Statistics, or other quantitative field preferred.
- Comfortable presenting (both remote and face to face), and leading technical discussions.
- Fluency with all aspects of data science including data acquisition, feature selection, hyperparameter tuning, and explainability.
- Highly resourceful: Able to research topics, uncover hard-to-find data, and deal with technical challenges.
- Strong working knowledge of Python/Pandas/Scikit-learn.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Plotly, Dash, or Seaborn; experience with AWS, APIs.
- Experience working with external clients.