Explorium is a cutting-edge data science company that has recently closed a Series C round bringing their total funding to $120 million.
Explorium provides the first External Data Platform to improve Analytics and Machine Learning. Explorium enables organizations to automatically discover and use thousands of relevant data signals to improve predictions and ML model performance. Explorium External Data Platform empowers data scientists and analysts to acquire and integrate third-party data efficiently, cost-effectively and in compliance with regulations. With faster, better insights from their models, organizations across fintech, insurance, consumer goods, retail and e-commerce can increase revenue, streamline operations and reduce risks.
We are looking for an experienced R&D team leader with a passion for data and complex systems to join Explorium’s R&D group.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced team leader to join our, who will be responsible for leading activities across the full delivery lifecycle, to ensure successful deliveries.
In this role you will lead a team of talented full stack & backend developers, and own their professional growth.
- Lead, mentor, manage and grow an heterogeneous team of full stack and backend developers
- Provide technical leadership & guidance including: Design & code reviews; Seek and choose technical solutions to meet current and future needs; Adherence to high development standards and practices
- Track and optimise team development process and assume ownership and accountability over product delivery, quality and timelines
- Set high quality standards, ensure resilience, performance and stability of a business critical components
- Take a leading role in design and implementation of a cloud-based SaaS platform, ensuring a scalable, secured and sustainable architecture solutions design, while maximizing development efficiency.
- Collaborating with the customer support and product teams to translate business needs into systems solutions through business/ technology analysis.
- Delivering features on time to meet our business goals, with high transparency and predictability.
- BSc or BA in Computer Science or a similar degree, or alumni of an IDF technology unit
- 3+ years of experience as team leader with proven management experience in building and leading a winning development team.
- 6+ years of experience in a production distributed web environment, with both backend and frontend solutions, performance optimizations and monitoring tools.
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles, coding standards, design patterns and best practices.
- Experience and strong knowledge of fullstack technologies: Node.JS, React, AngularJS, Python, Serverless, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to work efficiently in a demanding fast pace innovative environment.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions, perform critical analysis and use creative approaches for debugging, and solving complex problems.
- Familiarity with TDD and CI/CD methodology - an advantage
- Experience with Redis, Queues / MessageBus (RabbitMQ / Kafka / Celery), Security
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with CI/CD and TDD
- Contributions to open source projects