Explorium is a cutting-edge data science company $125 million in funding to date.
We offer a first-of-its-kind data science platform powered by augmented data discovery and feature engineering. By automatically connecting to thousands of external data sources and leveraging machine learning to distill the most impactful signals, the Explorium platform empowers data scientists and business leaders to drive decision-making by eliminating the barrier to acquire the right data and enabling superior predictive power. We are in growth mode and expanding the team to pursue our vision.
We’re looking for a talented highly motivated, team player with strong interpersonal skills, independence, and problem-solving individual to join our finance team as an Assistant Controller.
This position is a hands-on position, interacting and coordinating with colleagues in various departments to ensure proper accounting treatment and execution of accounting functions. The position will report to the company’s Corporate Financial Controller.
- Assist the controller in the preparation of our annual consolidated financial statements (US GAAP) and facilitate the successful completion of the annual audit with external auditors
- Help drive the monthly close process, ensuring speed and accuracy. Specifically, help build processes to compress our closing timeframe from BD 10 to BD 5.
- Provide oversight and mentorship to the bookkeeping function.
- Innovate and drive automation initiatives for various processes such as order-to-cash and procure-to-pay. Specifically, help select and implement an automated procure-to-pay solution for our Israel entity.
- Assist the controller to ensure adherence to SFDC-to-NetSuite processes and procedures related to new sales orders, billing, collection, and aging reports.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of revenue reporting and ASC 606 compliance, at the direction of the Controller.
- Help build the monthly accrual process for the Company, ensuring all accruals are complete and accurate.
- Assistance with the monthly outgoing payment cycles, ensuring vendors are paid correctly according to their terms.
- Monitor bank accounts and prepare weekly cash flow reports to ensure proper cash flow monitoring and, more importantly, help drive automation in the process via NetSuite.
- Work with the US tax advisors related to Federal Tax, State Tax, and Sales Tax requirements.
- Manage the parent company fixed assets module and record a journal entry for each monthly closing process.
- Reconcile intercompany balances, including transfer pricing entries
- CPA from a Big 4 firm specialized with startup companies
- At least 2 years’ experience after internship from startup SaaS companies
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel, ability to learn new software quickly
- A hands-on and proactive approach to problem-solving
- ASC 606 knowledge- an advantage
- Experience working with NetSuite – an advantage.
- Excellent English language skills