Explorium is a cutting-edge B2B data science company that has recently closed a Series B round bringing their total funding to $50 million.
We offer a first-of-its-kind data science platform powered by augmented data discovery and feature engineering. By automatically connecting to thousands of external data sources and leveraging machine learning to distill the most impactful signals, the Explorium platform empowers data scientists and business leaders to drive decision-making by eliminating the barrier to acquire the right data and enabling superior predictive power.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Controller is responsible for maturing our accounting capabilities and ensuring the accurate and timely reporting of our financials while also being a finance partner to the local team. This role will be focused on our Israel accounting operations but will have global reach. The right candidate could grow with this role to become our Global Controller.
Reliable financial data is critical for great decision making, and we see this role as being the ultimate owner of our financial data. If you take pride in managing a pristine GL, working cross-functionally to capture the right business context in your journal entries, and building scaling accounting processes, then we would love to meet you.
This role reports to the VP of Finance and will be based in Tel Aviv.
- Work closely with our external financial services firm and transition relevant tasks in-house
- Manage the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of financials
- Assist in the evaluation of a new ERP and subsequently project manage the implementation
- Leverage best-in-class finance tools to build a modern, scalable, and agile international back-office accounting and finance operations machine
- Develop and maintain a bulletproof internal financial control environment
- Manage treasury, international banking, and cash flow reporting for our Israel parent company
- Handle the audit cycle, as required by and in accordance with local regulations
- Manage ongoing Big 4 auditor relationships and ensure ongoing compliance throughout the year as business initiatives create new accounting requirements and considerations
- Coordinate all tax filings and statutory requirements
- Coordinate all non-U.S. payroll and expense reimbursements, ensuring timely and accurate processing on all fronts
- Work with local budget managers to complete the semi-annual budgeting process for our Israel parent
- Develop and manage the procure-to-pay process including approvals, process flows, and efficient payment solutions
- Develop a perspective on international pricing, taking into consideration local taxes and revenue recognition requirements
- CPA with a BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics; Advanced degree preferred
- Significant experience at senior accounting manager level – at least 5+ years of total accounting experience; 2+ years of experience in assistant controller or controller roles
- Big 4 accounting required
- Expert understanding of U.S. GAAP with experience working for an international company with significant US-based customers and revenue
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, having experienced 5-10x growth year over year and excelling under those conditions
- Process-oriented thinker with excellent business judgment
- Entrepreneurial, highly motivated, and willing to take on multiple projects at once
- Highly proficient in GSuite, Excel, and various ERP systems with expert knowledge Intacct and/or Netsuite