Explorium is a cutting-edge data science company that is rapidly expanding our presence globally.
We believe in a new paradigm. One where companies can easily and automatically reach the vast world of data and solve their business needs using the most advanced data science and machine learning capabilities. We’re creating a new category as the first company to empower data scientists and business leaders with end-to-end automation of data discovery and feature generation — fueling superior models and driving real business impact.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Director of Finance, who will play an instrumental role in the future growth and operations of Explorium. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with 5+ years of accounting and financial management experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment in a recurring revenue model.
- Hands-on ownership in all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyze company's financial results with respect to OPEX, cashflow, trends, costs and compliance with budgets.
- Drive the budgeting process and KPI tracking for consistent forecasting. Develop cadence for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for key stakeholders, including investors, as well as ad-hoc reports
- Bring strong operational orientation to the table and partner with senior leaders of an organization to ensure the company grows sustainably.
- Lead all the operational and financial aspects of the sales cycle, from lead to cash, with deep understanding of the details.
- Maintain a commission plan with revenue leadership.
- Coordinate all relationships with financial institutions.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with team members across departments to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Manage relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Manage cash flow and treasury.
- Manage outsource providers as a coherent finance department. Grow future team as needs evolve.
- Other finance, operational and administrative duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar finance role with excellent understanding of business matrix and processes in B2B SaaS.
- Exposure to corporate level finance functions, including treasury and tax.
- Experience working and thriving in fast-changing environments and ambiguity while being execution-oriented, hands on, pragmatic, focused on results.
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $40 million in annual revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Experience with ERP Systems, preferably NetSuite.
- Experience with Salesforce.