Bay Area, CA
Explorium is a cutting-edge data science companyLet's. As a Series-A company with $20m in funding, we're rapidly scaling our global presence to revolutionize the "data part" of data science.
Our automated data discovery and feature generation platform automatically connects a company's data to thousands of relevant premium, partner, and open data sources to extract an optimal feature set based on model impact. We’re creating a new category as the first company to empower data scientists with end-to-end automation of data discovery and feature generation — fueling superior models and driving real business impact.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Vice President of Finance, who will play an instrumental role in the future growth and positioning of Explorium. The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with 5+ years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyze company's financial results with respect to opex, cash flow, trends, costs and compliance with budgets.
- Drive the budgeting process and KPI tracking for consistent forecasting. Develop cadence for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for key stakeholders, including investors, as well as ad hoc reports
- Bring strong business and operational orientation to the table and partner with senior leaders of an organization to ensure the company hits revenue targets and grows sustainably.
- Lead all the operational and financial aspects of the sales cycle, from lead to cash, with deep understanding of the details.
- Build and maintain a commission plan with revenue leadership.
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with financial institutions.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Manage relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Manage cash flow and treasury.
- Build an accounting department as the company grows
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience in a finance leadership role with excellent understanding of business matrix and processes in B2B SaaS.
- Exposure to Corporate level finance functions, including treasury, tax, IR, and M&A.
- Experience working and thriving in fast-changing environments and ambiguity while being execution-oriented, hands on, pragmatic, focused on results.
- Experience working with Venture Capital investors
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $40 million in annual revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience - preferred but not required
- Experience with ERP Systems, preferably NetSuite
- Experience with SalesForce