Explorium is a cutting-edge data science company that has recently closed a Series B round bringing their total funding to $50 million.
Explorium offers a first of its kind data science platform powered by augmented data discovery and feature engineering. By automatically connecting to thousands of external data sources and leveraging machine learning to distill the most impactful signals, the Explorium platform empowers data scientists and business leaders to drive decision-making by eliminating the barrier to acquire the right data and enabling superior predictive power.
Explorium is looking for an experienced Vice President of Product to drive our product strategy and execution in a fast-paced, highly innovative and deeply technical space. You will be a member of the management team, charged with driving market leadership through product excellence that continuously delivers extensive value to our customers.
You are an energetic and proven product leader with feet planted firmly in the marketplace, head in category-defining product innovation and hands very much in the day-to-day details.
You thrive by feeding your domain expertise in data and analytics product creation with real market needs and trends through active listening, continuous customer interaction and relentless learning. Your passion lies in building complex data science products and data driven platforms, and winning means to you building the superior and most widely used solution in the marketplace, directed by a top-notch product team you help build.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record as a hands-on and technical senior product leader experienced in building enterprise data and AI/ML products that deliver demonstrable business impact and are highly regarded by their users.
- Oversee the strategy and planning for the entire product lifecycle including defining the product vision,gathering and prioritizing product requirements.
- Responsible for all aspects of product strategy and planning, prioritization, product design, and delivery of user value.
- Translate business objectives into action by owning product roadmap creation and successfully delivering on quarterly and annual targets tied to company success.
- Collaborate with the engineering, data science and data teams to develop technical requirements and to define, build and maintain products critical to growth, engagement and retention.
- Work with customers and all customer-facing organizations to plan and prioritize features and feature requests to drive business breakthroughs through data and data science capabilities.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape and evaluate market trends to inform product development better.
- Recruit, train and mentor a world-class AI/ML product team.
- Assume full responsibility for the Explorium platform, from vision all the way to execution and product adoption across happy users.
- Effectively Communicate the value and capabilities of the product to internal stakeholder, customers and partners.
- 5+ years in a leadership role and experience owning the entire product lifecycle in an enterprise data related company. - experience in startup companies - A big plus.
- 8+ years of product management experience, including working for a company with a world-class complex SaaS solution that has scaled successfully through rapid growth.
- Hands-on experience in data and technical aspects: you are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions; you have led the development of data-intensive or ML-based products in large-scale, complex applications.
- Background in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning or Big Data (AI/ML product management experience - big plus!).
- Strategic and analytical thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy to develop a compelling vision and strategy for product success.
- Experience building and mentoring world-class product teams.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, both internally and externally, to influence key stakeholders to push initiatives forward quickly.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, drive people through uncertainty and ambiguity to get things done.
- Experience using agile methodologies to deliver products and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field; M.Sc. is a plus.