Bay Area, CA
Explorium is a cutting-edge data science companyLet's. As a Series-A company with $20m in funding, we're rapidly scaling our global presence to revolutionize the "data part" of data science.
Our automated data discovery and feature generation platform automatically connects a company's data to thousands of relevant premium, partner, and open data sources to extract an optimal feature set based on model impact. We’re creating a new category as the first company to empower data scientists with end-to-end automation of data discovery and feature generation — fueling superior models and driving real business impact.
The Customer Facing Data Scientist plays a major role in Explorium’s organization and is critical to successful closes. Working side-by-side with the operations team, the Customer Facing Data Scientist is responsible for presenting the Explorium product in the most relevant and best light to prospects and customers to invoke confidence in the technology and integration of capabilities of the service. Customers share common use cases, but rarely share the exact same implementation path or business needs. The Customer Facing Data Scientist will listen to the business needs of a prospect and map those to specific capabilities of the Explorium platform. In doing so, the Customer Facing Data Scientist becomes a trusted technical advisor for the prospective customer in the integration and evaluation of Explorium.
You are a creative professional who is excited about building in a fast-paced start-up environment. You are capable of tailoring your DS experiences to each potential client. Experimenting with and promoting new ideas and technologies is an appealing challenge and proving a product’s usefulness comes with ease as your technical ability shines through various demonstrations.
- Ask questions to completely understand the business of prospective clients then work with them as you discover the best solution for the success through the Explorium product
- Research prospective clients, and prepare/present customized demos of the Explorium product
- Identify any gaps in technical documentation and help provide first draft documentation to help further the success of prospects and their integrations
- 3+ years’ experience serving in the capacity of a Technical Customer Facing Data Scientist or a Data Scientist role for a SaaS or relative company
- Knowledge and understanding of data science principles (machine learning, feature engineering, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience in Python, R, Java, Scala, Hadoop, Spark (or relative tools/languages/platforms)
- Hands-on, high energy, passionate and creative problem solver with the ability to guide others to success using strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches both remotely and on-site
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree