Location: Lehi, Utah, US
Explorium is a disruptive data science company on a mission to reshape the way organizations access external data to build their unique competitive advantage. We are rapidly expanding our presence worldwide following our recent Series C round, bringing total funding to $127 million.
Explorium provides the industry's first External Data Platform that automatically discovers thousands of relevant data signals and uses them to improve analytics and machine learning. The automated Explorium Platform enables organizations to discover and use third-party data to improve analytics and ML model performance. With faster, better insights, our customers can increase revenue, streamline operations, and reduce risks.
Explorium works with Fortune 1000 leaders, as well as top emerging start-ups, in a variety of industries such as fintech, insurance, consumer goods, retail and e-commerce.
Join a global, well-funded and rapidly moving team as it creates a new category through innovation, diversity, and collaboration.
About the Role:
We are looking for a driven, experienced and process oriented Sales Engineering manager to help build and scale our fast growing team. In this role, you’ll be a player-coach, hiring and onboarding an SE team while also actively participating in the sales process and running point on various engagements. This is a relationship-building role, and you’ll be relied on to interface directly with our prospects and customers as a trusted advisor, guiding them throughout the buying cycle while leading technical use case discussions, demos and proof of concepts to showcase the immense value that our platform has to offer to customers. You’ll be the first technical point of contact of our prospects at Explorium, serving as a trusted advisor and representing our core values. You will introduce our prospects to our products, reframe their business challenges into advanced analytics and predictive modeling use cases, and convey the value of our platform in solving those challenges.
- Present and demonstrate Explorium’s product suite to prospects with a focus on business value, while adjusting the content presented based on the respective audience (both technical data and data science teams as well as non-technical executives).
- Proactively drive conversations with prospects, influence and design use case objectives and success criteria, with a deep understanding of our platform’s capabilities and the customer’s business challenges.
- Build credibility and relationships to become a trusted advisor to the customer
- Run technical validation and proof of concept exercises, while managing and meeting expected timelines, leveraging additional technical resources when needed and overseeing the entire process to successful completion
- Convey the value of the platform and its external data, presenting key insights and modeling outcomes, and driving ROI conversations and presentations
- Work in tight collaboration with an account executive to drive deals to positive outcomes in a consistent and scalable manner
- Hire and onboard SE team members to become self sufficient, motivated and effective
- Collaborate with sales leadership to create a repeatable and scalable sales process, from initial conversations with prospects, through technical validation, to closed-won deals
- Maintain an ongoing feedback loop with Explorium’s product, data, CS, marketing and engineering teams to connect the entire company to the use cases that are driving value in the field
- 3+ years of experience as a technical SE in the data, data science or adjacent industries
- 1+ years of experience as an SE manager
- Ability to coach and motivate team members, team player with a can do attitude
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quota, and successfully delivering positive outcomes while minimizing technical validation exercises
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills, ability to relay technical information to executives and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with data science and machine learning concepts
- Relevant hands-on experience in DS/ML - A big plus
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, statistics, or related technical field, or an equivalent professional experience
- 401k retirement plan
- Competitive benefits and flexible PTO policy
- Commission structure rewarding growth and progress towards our targets
- Hybrid-remote work environment