Learn about how we handle your data collected through this website and our marketing activities.
Last updated: August 1, 2023
- Use of the Explorium website available at www.explorium.ai
- Our marketing activities including, registration as part of webinars, conference events, newsletter, emails etc.
We refer to those who use the site as “You” or the “User”.
- What Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information from Our Users
- How We Use the Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Third Party Service Providers
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Your Right to Access and Control Your Personal Information
- Data Retention
- Information Security
- Additional Information for Individuals in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom
- Additional Information for California Residents
- Notice of the Right to Opt-Out Using the Opt-Out Preference Signal
- How to Contact Us
1. What Information Do We Collect from Our Users?
We collect information about you such as name, email, phone number, address or other contact details or personal content that you provide to us. We call this “Inquiry Information”.
We also collect the following technical and behavioral information about your visit to the Site, which we call “Analytics Information”.
Technical Information includes the type of operating system, IP address, type of browser, screen resolution, browser, and keyboard language.
Behavioral Information includes information related to your use of our Site, including where you clicked, scrolled, focused (i.e., zoom), and navigated to on the Site and on a webpage. It may also include information related to whether you received, opened, or clicked on any links in an email sent to you.
We gather, collect, and record the information relating to such usage, either directly from you or through the help of third-party service providers as detailed below.
2. How We Collect Information from Our Users?
We collect Information in a number of different ways, including:
- When you voluntarily provide Explorium with Inquiry Information – for example, in any form, for demo request, apply for a position, contact us through our Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter account, or when you contact us by email or otherwise send us a request for information. This may also include information you provided through your participation in a conference or event that we present at.
- Cookies and other similar technologies that collect Analytics Information (e.g., analytical and behavior tracking technologies).
- Information we obtain from third party sources. We call this “Supplemental Information”, and it includes information we receive about you from marketing tools and services (like data brokers) and from publicly available sources such as social media sites (for example, LinkedIn).
3. How do We Use Information?
We use the information we collect to:
- We use Analytics Information to create aggregated statistical data for research purposes and customization and improvement of the Site and related services.
- We use Inquiry Information and Supplemental Information to reply to your online queries made through the Site or process your requests for additional information.
- Analyze your use of the Site to personalize and optimize the experience of the website.
- We use Inquiry Information, Supplemental Information and Analytics Information to develop new features and services.
- We use Analytics Information to tailor and present targeted ads about Explorium to you.
- We use Analytics Information to determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User’s computer is connected to the Internet for us to know the general location of our Site’s Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site.
- We use Inquiry Information, Supplemental Information, and Analytics Information to promote the safety and security of the Site, our Users, and other parties. For example, for authenticating, protect against fraud and abuse, respond to a legal request or claim, conduct audits, and enforce our terms and policies.
- We use Inquiry Information, Analytics Information and Supplemental Information to send you marketing materials related to the Platform that we believe may interest you such as a periodic newsletter emails or information about Explorium products and services. We do this according to the rules that apply to marketing messages: where required, we make sure we have your prior consent to send you these marketing messages. In any event, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving such materials at any time.
- If you send us your resume while applying for a position, we may keep your resume to offer you additional or alternative positions as they may become available, or to comply with legal requirements.
- We use Inquiry Information, Supplemental Information and Analytics Information to the extent necessary for Explorium to comply with its legal obligations and to exercise and enforce its legal rights.
4. How We Share Your Information?
Explorium may transfer and disclose non-personal information or aggregated non-identifiable information to third parties at its own discretion.
We will not share any Personal Information with any third party, other than in the following cases:
- When you agree or direct us to share with our subsidiary companies and affiliates.
- To respond to User’s support or inquiry requests;
- To Explorium resellers, agents, sales partners or service providers acting on our behalf in connection with the offering of Explorium products.
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- To satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, subpoena or governmental request;
- To respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, email address, etc.) of a third-party had been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment;
- To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Explorium, its Users, or the general public;
- When Explorium is undergoing any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of all or substantially all of its assets. In such a case, information will be transferred following the completion of any such change in control and/or during the assessment process while a change in control is pending;
- To assist us with part of our business operations. We do this with partners and contractors, who process information for us, under our instructions, and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality obligations and security measures.
These service providers provide their services globally which means that your data might be transferred outside of your country to a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction
5. Third Party Service Providers
We use third party software or services in order to collect, store and/or process the information detailed herein. Such services include without limitation:
- Our subsidiaries (as necessary to help us support and maintain the Platform and services);
- Our payment processors or other business-operation service providers, provided that transfers to service providers are done consistent with Agreements between Explorium and Customers, and
such service providers are authorized to use your PII only to the extent it is necessary for service providers to provide their services to us. Transfers to service providers are covered by the Agreements between Explorium and our Customers. Explorium authorizes these
service providers to use your PII only as necessary to provide their services;
- To Partners who enable us to enrich our databases, only upon a User’s instruction that we enrich their data, and provided that any such transfer is done consistent with our agreements with Partners and Agreements with Customers and is undertaken solely for the use
- To legal authorities or entities when legally required;
- To respond to or prevent fraud;
- To protect the safety of Explorium, its Customers, or the public; and
- To the surviving or acquiring entity of Explorium, as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of all or part of the assets of Explorium. In such a case, only Customer End User Data will be transferred following the completion of any such transaction and/or during the assessment process while a
transaction is pending.
*Please note links to third party sites and the terms included therein are outside of our control.
6. Links to Third Party Websites for Convenience
7. Your Right to Access and Control Your Personal Information
You have the right to access, update or remove your Personal Information.
- You may withdraw your consent from direct marketing at any time or object to our use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. To opt out, email us at: [email protected]
- If you otherwise communicated with us and provided us with Personal Information you may contact us at: [email protected]
If you live in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland, you have a number of additional rights with respect to your information such as Accessing and Exporting Data, Rectification, Restriction, Consent and Withdrawal, Anonymity, Erasure, Editing and Deleting Data, in certain circumstances you can object to processing of your information, or to completely be deleted from our database. For exercising all these rights, please contact us at the means mentioned above. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please note that, we may still preserve data for legal reasons or to prevent harm, including as described in the How Information Is Shared section.
8. Data Retention
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to pursue the purpose of the collection. We may also retain your Personal Information for such time needed to pursue our legitimate business interests, in connection with any legal claims and compliance with legal obligations, or to prevent harm. When we use your information for direct marketing purposes we will retain your data until you opt-out from receiving such materials; provided that we will need to retain certain information to maintain a record of your request.
9. Information Security
We take a great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Site and our Users’ Personal Information. The Personal Information is hosted on our authorized third-party service providers which provide advanced security features. Explorium employs industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of its Users’ Personal Information and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
When you access the Site, we may use industry-wide information technologies, which store certain information on your computer (“Local Storage“) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, improve your browsing experience, and improve our marketing strategies. These technologies are comprised of:
- Cookies:A cookie is a small text file transferred to your computer that records or contains certain information about your visit to our website. Such cookies may be either first party or third party cookies. “First party cookies” are such cookies placed by Explorium while visiting the Explorium website. “Third party cookies” are cookies placed by our third party partners when you visit the Explorium Site. This kind of cookie is read each time you visit the Site, and also when you visit certain websites or applications that use similar cookies. Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires, or until you delete your cookies from your browser.
- Web Beacons:Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages, emails or ads that can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit a page, or to understand whether an email or ad was received, opened or any links within it were clicked.
- Other Technologies:There are various technologies that provide functionality similar to those provided by cookies and web beacons, such as certain scripts that may be included within a website that help analyze how you use a website.
- Please check your browser and browser settings to determine where these types of cookies are stored and whether and how they may be deleted. The Network Advertising Initiative also offers a means to opt-out of a number of advertising cookies. Please visit www.networkadvertising.org to learn more. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies and other information technologies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies your online experience may be limited or even not possible at all.
- Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies
- Google Chrome- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari –https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
- Opera- https://www.opera.com/help
- All other browsers – Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
You must be over the age of eighteen (18). Therefore, Explorium does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of eighteen (18) and does not wish to do so. In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a person under the age of eighteen (18) is using the Site, we reserve the right to prohibit and block such User from accessing our Site and will make all efforts to promptly delete any Personal Information.
12. European Union Members – International Transfer of Data
For personal data subjects in the European Union, European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland, please note that we rely on several legal bases to process the data. First and foremost, we rely on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time as provided above. Where a written commercial agreement exists between us, we process your personal data when the processing is necessary to comply with the terms of such agreement. Lastly, we may process the data for our legitimate business interests, such as in improving, personalizing, marketing and developing the Site or related services, and for promoting safety and security as described above.
13. For California Residents
If you are an individual from California please note that in the preceding twelve (12) months, we may have received information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked with a particular consumer or household (“PII”), including the following categories of information:
- Identifiers and other Customer record information such as name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, telephone number, education, or financial information.
- Commercial information, including records of services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity and technical information related to use of mobile device or computer, such as Technical Information (as defined above).
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as employment history, skills certifications, or job titles.
- Inferences drawn from other PII, such as preferences, characteristics, behavior, and aptitudes related to a Customer End User’s use of Customer’s applications and services, or Customer’s use of the Site, including Behavioral Information (as defined above).
In addition, in the preceding twelve (12) months, Explorium may have disclosed for a business purpose the following types of information: identifiers, PII contained in Customer records, commercial information, professional or employment-related information, Technical Information, geolocation data, and Behavioral Information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California resident-consumers to request certain information once per year regarding the disclosure of their PII to third parties for purposes of their direct marketing to California resident-consumers. To make such a request, please send us an email at [email protected] with “Shine the Light Request” in the subject line. Please note that we evaluate a “Shine the Light” request to determine whether it is proper under the scope of this law before we respond.
California residents may have the following additional rights from January 1, 2020:
- You have the right to know and right to access information about the categories and specific pieces of PII we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which your PII is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your PII. You also have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your PII. You may also request a copy of the PII we have collected and/or disclosed, and upon request, we will provide this information to you in electronic form.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your PII, subject to certain legal exceptions.
- You have the right to opt out of the sale of your PII. We do not sell your PII collected on the Site and we do not sell the PII of children under 16.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
If you would like to exercise one or more of the above rights, please contact us using the contact information provided in Section 16. You may also designate an authorized agent, registered with the California Secretary of State, to make such a request on your behalf. The authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State and must have written permission to submit requests on your behalf. Whenever feasible, we will match the provided identifying information to the PII already maintained by us for verification purposes. If we cannot verify the identity of the requester using the information in our possession, however, we may request additional information to verify your identity.
14. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
The “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) privacy preference is an option that may be made in some web browsers allowing you to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services. At this time, global standard DNT technology is not yet finalized and not all browsers support DNT. We therefore do not recognize DNT signals and do not respond to them.
16. How to Contact Us?
Also, Explorium has appointed an EU Representative, Symmetry Solutions Ltd., based in Ireland, who you may address if you are located in the European Union to ask any questions about our processing of your personal data, including any requests to exercise your rights provided by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. You can contact our EU Representative by email at: [email protected] , or by post: FAO Explorium EU Rep, Symmetry Solutions Ltd, The Tara Building, 11-15 Tara Street, Dublin 2, D02RY83, Ireland