1. What Information We Collect
2. How We Collect Information from Our Users
3. How We Use the Information
4. How We Share Your Information
5. Third Party Service Providers
6. Links to Third Party Websites for Convenience
7. Your Right to Access and Control Your Personal Information
8. Data Retention
9. Information Security
12. European Union Members – International Transfer of Data
14. How to Contact Us
When visiting our site we collect technical or behavioral information about your visit to the Site. Technical Information includes the type of operating system, type of browser, screen resolution, browser and keyboard language. Behavioral Information includes information related to your use of our Site, including where you clicked, scrolled, focused (i.e. zoom), and navigated to on the Site and on a webpage. It may also include information related to whether you receive, opened or clicked on any links in an email sent to you. We gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party service providers as detailed below.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information“). This information identifies or may identify when put together with other information an individual and is of private and/or sensitive nature. Such information includes Name, Email, Phone Number, Address or other contact details or personal content that you provide to us whether through a form or field on our Site or any other communication (e.g. email, phone, post etc.). Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address.
For avoidance of doubt, any technical or behavioral Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
We may use various methods to collect Information, including:
a. When you voluntarily provide Explorium with information – for example, in any form, for demo request, apply for a position, contact us through our Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter account, or when you contact us by email or otherwise send us a request for information. This may also include information you provided through your participation in a conference or event that we attend.
c. Information obtained from third party sources. This includes information received through marketing tools and services and public information sources such as social media sites. We may combine the information received through these sources with other information we have in order to ensure our records are up to date and so that we are able to provide you with relevant content.
We use the information we collect in order to:
a. Create aggregated statistical data for research purposes and customization and improvement of the Site and/or Services.
b. Reply to your online queries made through the Site or process your requests for additional information.
c. Analyze your use of the Site in order to operate it and personalize and optimize the experience of the website.
d. Develop new features and services.
e. Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User’s computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site’s Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site.
f. Promote the safety and security of the Site, our users, and other parties. For example, for authenticating, protect against fraud and abuse, respond to a legal request or claim, conduct audits, and enforce our terms and policies.
g. To send you marketing materials related to the Platform that we believe may interest you such as a periodic newsletter emails or information about Explorium products and services. In some cases, you may have requested and/or consented to receive such materials. Otherwise we may send you such materials only where we have a lawful basis to do so – for example, when we have a legitimate interest to market our products and services to you. In any event, you will always be able to opt out of receiving such materials.
h. Where it is necessary for Explorium to comply with its legal obligations and to exercise and enforce its legal rights
Explorium may transfer and disclose non-personal information or aggregated non-identifiable information to third parties at its own discretion.
We will not share any Personal Information it collects with any third party, other than in the following cases:
a. When you agree or direct us to share with our subsidiary companies and affiliates.
b. To respond to User’s support or inquiry requests;
c. To Explorium resellers, agents, sales partners or service providers acting on our behalf in connection with the offering of Explorium products or services.
d. To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
e. To satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, subpoena or governmental request;
g. To respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party had been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment;
h. To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Explorium, its Users, or the general public;
i. When Explorium is undergoing any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of all or substantially all of its assets;
j. To assist us with part of our business operations. We do this with partners and contractors, who process information for us, under our instructions, and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality obligations and security measures.
These service providers provide their services globally which means that your data might be transferred outside of your country to a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction including; Such service providers maintain their own privacy policies.
We use third party software or services in order to collect, store and/or process the information detailed herein. Such services include without limitation:
• Google Analytics provides users with information about how it collects and uses information and choices for opt-out. For more info please see Google Analytics Click here to opt out of Google Analytics.
c. We use several lead generation and marketing tools such as:
• Linked Insights tag. LinkedIn provides information about the data it collects from its customer’s website here. Users can control the data which LinkedIn collects about them here.
All the services mentioned above have declared that they are EU-US Privacy Shield certified.
You have the right to access, update or remove your Personal Information.
1. You may withdraw your consent from direct marketing at any time or object to our use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. To opt out email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you otherwise communicated with us and provided us with Personal Information you may contact us at: email@example.com
Please note that while most of your requests may be addressed within 30 days, it may take up to 90 days to delete all of your information.
If you live in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland, you have a number of legal rights with respect to your information such as Accessing and Exporting Data, Editing and Deleting Data, in certain circumstances you can object to processing of your information, or to completely be deleted from our database. For exercising all these rights, please contact us at the means mentioned above.
Please note that, we may still preserve data for legal reasons or to prevent harm, including as described in the How Information Is Shared section.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to pursue the purpose of the collection. We may also retain your Personal Information for such time needed to pursue our legitimate business interests, in connection with any legal claims and compliance with legal obligations, or to prevent harm. When we use your information for direct marketing purposes we will retain your data until you opt-out from receiving such materials; provided that we will need to retain certain information to maintain a record of your request.
We take a great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Site and our Users’ Personal Information. The Personal Information is hosted on our authorized third-party service providers which provide advanced security features. Explorium employs industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of its Users’ Personal Information and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
When you access the Site, we may use industry-wide information technologies, which store certain information on your computer (“Local Storage“) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, improve your browsing experience, and improve our marketing strategies. These technologies are comprised of:
1. Cookies: A cookie is a small text file transferred to your computer that records or contains certain information about your visit to our website. Such cookies may be either first party or third party cookies. “First party cookies” are such cookies placed by Explorium while visiting the Explorium website. “Third party cookies” are cookies placed by our third party partners when you visit the Explorium Site. This kind of cookie is read each time you visit the Site, and also when you visit certain websites or applications that uses similar cookies. Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires, or until you delete your cookies from your browser.
2. Web Beacons: Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages, emails or ads that can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit a page, or to understand whether an email or ad was received, opened or any links within it were clicked.
3. Other Technologies: There are various technologies that provide functionality similar to those provided by cookies and web beacons, such as certain scripts that may be included within a website that help analyze how you use a website.
4. It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies and other information technologies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies your online experience may be limited or even not possible at all.
•Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
• Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies
• Google Chrome- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
• Safari – https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
• Opera- https://www.opera.com/help
• All other browsers – Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
To use our Site and/or Services you must be over the age of eighteen (18). Therefore, Explorium does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of eighteen (18) and does not wish to do so. In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a person under the age of eighteen (18) is using our Site and/or Services, we reserve the right to prohibit and block such User from accessing our Site and will make all efforts to promptly delete any Personal Information.
For personal data subject in EU, please note that we rely on several legal bases to process the data. First and foremost, your consent, which you may withdraw at any time as provided above. Also, we process your personal data when the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, like the Terms of Service; for our legitimate business interests, such as in improving, personalizing, marketing and developing the Services, and for promoting safety and security as described above.